As the school year is quickly coming to a close, I am reflective and grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in SAM’s 21 Century Leadership Institute. This year long program enabled me to collaborate and learn with skilled administrators across the state and have the guidance of an expert mentor. Collectively, we were able to learn, celebrate, and support each other in implementing a meaningful project. I chose to focus on improving the framework of our weekly PLCs.
My goals were:
- Use simple weekly protocols for each grade level team to follow throughout the school year (modified from Solution Tree resources and forms shared by colleagues).
- Support teachers in having a structure to collaborate around student data to guide instructional decisions.
- Communicate frequent feedback to grade level teams through Google Docs.
- Each grade level team had their own folder: Click here to view.
- Each week (mostly) I emailed the teams to remind them of the protocol to complete.
- The teams would take notes about their discussions, plans, and instructional decisions made on their protocol and I would follow-up with email communication or face to face meetings.
- I believe creating the protocols with a Google form or spreadsheet would be helpful to add notification rules. This would support me in providing faster feedback…
- I created a folder for our Special Education, Title One, and Para teams; however, the feedback and/or collaboration was not as consistent.
- Modify some of the forms to provide for a little more flexibility.
Other Resources that support our PLCs