I have been reflecting on my leadership identity since I watched Baruti Kafele’s video.
- Who am I when I walk into my school building?
- How does my school community see me?
- What does my presence mean to my team?
This intense thought-provoking and inspiring video brought a flood of rushing thoughts to my mind.
What is my leadership identity?
- Positively contagious– Continuously sharing the gratefulness that I feel for the opportunity to learn at high levels in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Encouraging– Consistently leading students and staff to believe in themselves as leaders.
- Approachable– Always a safe place to share ideas, fears, challenges, and celebrations.
- Transparent– Invariably leading with the goals of doing anything and everything to guide our students to reach high levels of success.
What do I want my presence to mean to my community?
How do I want students to see me?
Share an authentic smile and be an inspiring force that leads others to see and reach beyond their potential.
What is your leadership identity?