I am so glad I found this post! Vocabulary is so important!
So, I think I am officially addicted to these little ASCD ARIAS books.
With Common Core looming over us all, one of my main goals for this summer is finally establishing a vocabulary routine for my students that works.
My Requirements for Vocabulary Routine:
- It cannot take up more than 30 minutes of in-class instruction time (including testing) per week
- It has to be organic, but still organized
- I want to do about 5 new words a week
- It needs to go beyond the old define, make a sentence, match them routine
- It needs to be something sustainable all year long
- I can’t kill myself with grading
- It has to be fun and educational
I honestly thought it was too much to ask for.
And then in comes this handy little book by Marilee Sprenger.
You may have seen my review of another ASCD ARIAS book The Five-Minute Teacher by Mark…
View original post 267 more words